Saturday, July 19, 2008

Memories and new beginnings ... I love TEA





Once upon a time there was a girl who finally found a housemate who drank as much tea as she...

When we moved in together Kim and I were given a housewarming present from Scott. It was a cheetah print teapot and two mugs. When Kim and I parted I thought that as Scott was more her friend it was only right she took the pot. We don't know what happened to it.

(I seem to have a gift. When I think hard enough about something and follow my gut instinct (usually on impulse) I find exactly what (or who) I am searching for.)

So I missed this teapot because of it's quirky kitchiness and wanted it badly for my teapot collection. I rang Kim in the UK but she didn't know what happened to it.

A few days later I had a sudden urge to stop at an op shop and as I was scanning the clothes I walked down the back and voila ... there is an exact copy of the pot and two mugs.

Seriously wouldn't surprise me if this was the same one.

Reminds me actually of another like this ... Kim bought me two beautiful glasses for my birthday one year and again on an op shop tour I found another two to match.


Love it when this kind of magic happens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God I used to love love love that teapot. And our lovely days and nights of tea, talking and trash tv. Aaah, memories.

I bought Judy a teapot for her birthday last year - got written on the side - "Even skanky crack whores enjoy a good cuppa" he he