Thursday, September 24, 2009

Marking me today ... L-O-V-E



Tonight I had dinner with one of my closest and oldest friends ever.

As an army brat the types of friends you have fall into few categories, here today gone tomorrow or forever friends. As you get older some army kids manage to adapt to a life of the friend nomad. I managed ok by not trying too hard, a balance of holding in and letting in which can be quite tricky, especially as you enter your teens. By the time I was 16 I decided I had had enough moving and stayed behind when my parents got their next transfer ... admittedly I had to live with my grandma but it was worth it.

Tess is one of my forever friends, over the years we have meandered in and out of eachothers lives, going from irrationally obsessed BFF's to once a week catch ups and chill outs. I would trust her with my life. She is one of the true loves of my life. I met her when I was 14 and we were friends as soon as we spoke. We've been friends ever since. This is more than half our lives and after all we have seen and lived over the last 19 years we live about 4 blocks from eachother. Pretty cool.

Another forever friend is Pete ... 17 years I have known Pete. We've loved, hated, love-hated, and loved all that time.

So this got me thinking about love ... l-o-v-e ... and what it means to all of us, on all levels ... friends, lovers, family ...











all images from weheartit.com

6 comments:

bubbachenille said...

Hey Kitty Boo Boo, Did you know Micky and Liesa were army brats too.....22 years!

Jetta's Nest said...

Awww.....love, sweet love!

It's our anniversary today....5 blissful wedded years!!

See ya soon :)

Sam

Little Mary Moo said...

What a great post. I loved all the pictures too.

Trish Goodfield said...

The owl photo is just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

nice post ... i love those old old friends who you'll never stop being friends with ... unless you find out they have a body in their freezer

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure none of my friend do have bodies in their freezers ... just to clarify